Friday, May 18, 2007

Something to add to the list of things to do...

Instill in my children (and in myself) the importance of this quote:

"Be who you are and you will set the world on fire." St. Catherine of Siena

I pilfered this from a dear friend's blog (Happy Catholic). It will be my reminder that we are a gift from God to each other and to ourselves. We all have special gifts, purposes, and destinies -- all of which given to us whether we like them or not. All of which are given to us for a reason -- His reason. It will also be my reminder to live this for Thomas and Samantha.

I want my kids to know that they are perfect just as they are. I don't want them wearing someone else's shoes, so to speak. As they grow I'll get to pick their shoes, but there will come a day that I can no longer do that. Hopefully, Tom and I will have instilled the importance of being true to themselves and they will be able to choose wisely.

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

Perfect! Especially this: We all have special gifts, purposes, and destinies -- all of which given to us whether we like them or not.

Whether we like them or not. Sometimes the very traits that we despair of most are those that we can value once we look at them the way that God does. We just have to get out focus right. :-)